Get involved with ILGA-Europe’s plans for Pride season!
Join in with our PrideWatch social media campaign this summer.
Freedom of assembly is vital – for all of us
In many towns and cities, Pride marches take place every summer, without disruption. However, the overall picture in Europe, both inside and outside the EU’s borders, is quite complex. The freedom of LGBTI activists to organise, gather and celebrate publicly is limited in some European countries.
Pride marches have always been a visible symbol of fundamental human rights and an indicator of how well democracy is functioning.
So, that is why ILGA-Europe will be keeping a close eye on how Prides are operating in 2018.
We will be talking to Pride organisers, participating in marches and reporting back on what we see and hear – sharing it all with you as part of the PrideWatch campaign.
Colleagues from our staff team or board members will be representing ILGA-Europe at lots of Pride events this summer. We’ll confirm soon where we will be attending, but 2017’s list looked like this:
- Sofia – 10 June
- Skopje – 23/26 June
- Istanbul – 25 June
- Madrid (World Pride) – 1 July
- Budapest – 8 July
- Tallinn (Baltic Pride) – 8 July
- Belgrade – 15-17 September (march will take place on 17 September)
- Podgorica – 23 September
How can you get involved in PrideWatch?
- Support your local Pride events.
- If you can’t attend a Pride, why not send messages of support and solidarity to your fellow LGBTI activists and allies?
- Follow what’s happening on the ground with the hashtag #PrideWatch
- Tell us what Pride means to you, by joining the #PrideWatch conversation on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.