ILGA-Europe (“We“, “us”, “our”), is the umbrella for over 600 LGBTI organisations in Europe and Central Asia.
We are committed to complying with EU Privacy Law. This privacy notice (the “Notice“) describes how We process the Personal Data We collect from subscribers to the ILGA-Europe website (https://www.ilga-europe.org/) and reference contacts (“You“, “your”). If You are a reference contact, section 1 does not apply to You.
1. What Personal Data do We hold about You? How we collect Personal Data, for Which Purposes and on Which Legal Basis?
Depending on the purposes of the processing, We collect different Personal Data from You. These are listed below.
- When You fill in the contact form, We Process your name, email and your message. We use this Personal Data to respond to your query and be in touch with You.
Please note that the content of the Annual Conference Registration, our registration form might include Personal Data. This type of content might also include Special Categories of Data (e.g., data concerning sexual orientation and/or gender identity). In order to limit our processing of Personal Data and Special Categories of Data, we ask You to consider whether it is strictly necessary for You to share any of such data with us.
We typically collect Personal Data from You. We do so based on your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time, as indicated in Section 6.
2. Which third-parties process your Personal Data and for which purpose? Do We Share, Disclose or Transfer Personal Data?
We share or disclose your Personal Data with third parties, including third-party service providers.
In particular, We share your Personal Data with:
- CiviCooP, Zijlstraat 10, 5305 EE Zuilichem, The Netherlands, the company that hosts our email lists, Annual Conference registration and scholarship forms, contact and donor database.
- OVH SAS, 2 rue Kellermann, 59100 Roubaix, France, the company that hosts our platform; and
- Stripe Technology Europe, Limited, 1 Grand Canal Street Lower, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin, D02 H210, Ireland, the company that process the payments for our donations.
- Donorbox, Kalvermarkt 53, 2511 CB, Den Haag, Netherlands, the company that process our donations.
- The Giving Block, 1100 15th Street NW, Suite 420, Washington, District of Columbia 20005, the USA, the company that process our crypto donations.
- Eventbrite, Inc. 535 Mission Street, 8th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, the USA, the company that process our event tickets for the Equality Fundraiser.
Where We rely on those third parties for the Processing of your Personal Data, We put safeguards in place to ensure that the third party is obligated to provide at least the same level of data protection as the one We offer You.
We do not use other third-parties to process your Personal Data or otherwise transfer Personal Data outside of the EEA and/or disclose your Personal Data to other recipients than those mentioned in this Notice. If We were to do so, We will comply with EU Privacy Law.
3. Change of purpose
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which We collected it, unless We reasonably consider that We need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If We need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, We will notify You and We will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
4. How long will We retain your Personal Data?
We retain your Personal Data in accordance with our Retention/Destruction Guidelines. As a general principle, We keep your Personal Data only for as long as You do not withdraw your consent, or as long as it is necessary or as long as You don’t object to the Processing.
5. Your rights in connection with Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, by law You have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data. This enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You and to check that We are lawfully processing it. You can request an export of your data by clicking Send me all my data here.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. This enables You to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. This enables You to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reasons for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data where You have exercised your right to object to Processing (see below). You can do that by clicking the button Delete account here.
- Object to Processing of your Personal Data where We are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes You want to object to the Processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of Processing of your Personal Data. This enables You to ask us to suspend the Processing of Personal Data about You, for example if You want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for Processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data to another party (data portability).
Once You provided your consent to the collection and Processing of your Personal Data, You have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific Processing at any time.
To withdraw your consent, object to the Processing, exercise any of your rights as Data Subject, or make queries or complaints, please contact the person in charge of privacy compliance at ILGA-Europe either via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: ILGA-Europe, Rue du Trône/Troonstraat 60, 1050 Brussels, Belgium – subject to including a copy of an official form of identification.
If You are dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your Personal Data, You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Supervisory Authority.
It is important that the Personal Data We hold about You is accurate and current. Please keep us informed of any changes to your personal information by emailing email@example.com
6. Effect of Notice and changes to Notice
We may revise this privacy notice from time to time and any revisions will be made available to You via email and via our website https://www.ilga-europe.org
7. Our contact details
Rue du Trône/Troonstraat 60
Telephone: + 32 2 609 54 10
Fax: + 32 2 609 54 19
In this Notice:
“EU Privacy Law” means the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR“) and the Belgian national privacy laws, as amended from time to time.
“Data Subject” means an identified or identifiable individual.
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
“Processing” means any operation performed on Personal Data, manually or by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
“Special categories of Data” means personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
“Supervisory Authority” means the Belgian Data Protection Authority or the relevant data protection authority of the data subjects’ habitual residence or place of work.
Version No. 1
13th of June 2022
Contact us about our Privacy Notice.
This website is co-funded by the European Union. The contents of this website are the sole responsibility of ILGA-Europe and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Commission.