Welcome to ILGA-Europe's online media centre.
If you are a journalist interested in covering an LGBTI story with a European slant, then you have come to the right place.
Based in Brussels, the staff of ILGA-Europe can provide you with the bigger European picture. Our experienced team come from a variety of countries and are very well-placed to give you a sense of the wider trends developing across the continent.
Here is just a selection of the topics that ILGA-Europe can talk about:
- Anti-discrimination measures (from the day-day impact to our Equality for All message and long-running campaign for an EU Horizontal Directive)
- Marriage equality (where it is and is not available in Europe and why)
- What rights trans people have in each country and what barriers they still have to face
- Education (why it’s so important to support LGBTI students of all ages)
- Hate crime and hate speech
- How LGBTI asylum seekers are treated when they cross Europe’s borders
- Diversity in the LGBTI movement
It’s easy to keep up-to-date with the latest LGBTI news. Get copies of all ILGA-Europe’s statements by subscribing to our media mailing list.
Need a biography or high-resolution photo of an ILGA-Europe staff member? No problem - click here.
Contact ILGA-Europe’s media team about your latest article
Please note, we are unable to answer enquiries from student journalists. These contact details are for professional media and journalists only.