Welcome to ILGA-Europe’s online media centre.
If you are a journalist interested in covering an LGBTI story with a European slant, then you have come to the right place
Based in Brussels, the staff of ILGA-Europe can provide you with the bigger European picture. Our experienced team come from a variety of countries and are very well-placed to give you a sense of the wider trends developing across the continent.
Contact ILGA-Europe’s media team about your latest article now
Please note, we are unable to answer enquiries from student journalists. These contact details are for professional media and journalists only.
Emma Cassidy, Communications and Media Officer, +32 02 609 54 16
Outside office hours, call +32 492 25 36 93
Here is just a selection of the topics that ILGA-Europe can talk about:
- Anti-discrimination measures (from the day-day impact to our Equality for All message and long-running campaign for an EU Horizontal Directive)
- Marriage equality (where it is and is not available in Europe and why)
- What rights trans people have in each country and what barriers they still have to face
- Education (why it’s so important to support LGBTI students of all ages)
- Hate crime and hate speech
- How LGBTI asylum seekers are treated when they cross Europe’s borders
- Diversity in the LGBTI movement, ensuring LBTI women and intersex activist can claim their space
It’s easy to keep up-to-date with the latest LGBTI news. Get copies of all ILGA-Europe’s statements by subscribing to our media mailing list.
Need a biography or high-resolution photo of an ILGA-Europe staff member? No problem - click here.
Get more info
- Latest news feed
- ILGA-Europe gather the latest developments in LGBTI law and politics to create our monthly newsletter, Rainbow Digest, a valuable tool for all media professionals.