IDAHOBIT 2022: Rights of LGBTQI+ people in and from Ukraine
On the occasion of IDAHOBIT, ilga-EUROPE and UNAIDS are hosting an event focusing on the rights of LGBTIQ+ people in and from Ukraine.
The event will take place on Tuesday, 17 May from 12:00 – 13:30 CET.
The interactive panel session will be moderated by Cianán Russell, ILGA-Europe’s Senior Policy Officer to discuss how to better protect the rights of LGBTIQ+ people in and from Ukraine.
The event will bring together:
- Victor Madrigal-Borloz, UN Independent Expert on sexual orientation and gender identity
- Olena Shevchenko, Representative of the Ukrainian LGBTIQ+ Community
- Tymur Lysenko, Representative of the Ukrainian LGBTIQ+ Community
- Matthew Kavanagh, UNAIDS Deputy Executive Director a.i.
- Marc Angel, Co-President of the European Parliamentary Intergroup on LGBTI rights
- Maria Arena, Chair of the European Parliament Subcommittee on Human Rights
- Katalin Cseh, Member of the European Parliament Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Joanna Darmanin, Head of Unit Humanitarian and Thematic Policies (C1), DG ECHO
- Kate Thomson, Head of Community Rights and Gender Department, The Global Fund
- Valeriia Rachynska, The Global Partnership to End HIV-Related Stigma and Discrimination