ILGA-Europe’s Memorandum to the Danish Presidency of the EU
In January 2012, Denmark will take over the Presidency of the European Union. Read ILGA-Europe’s 5 key priorities for the Danish Presidency and download the whole Memorandum here.
ILGA-Europe’s 5 key priorities for the Danish Presidency:
- The Multiannual Financial Framework Programme (MFF) should ensure that the EU’s funding programmes for equality and anti-discrimination is maintained
- Place progress towards the adoption of the Horizontal Anti-Discrimination Directive as a high priority
- Take leadership in matters of justice and home affairs, freedom of movement and mutual recognition of citizen’s civil statuses, the adoption of asylum legislation, and legislation addressing hatred and violence
- Stand firm on the need of accession countries to respect their duties on the ground of sexual orientation and their need to adopt the necessary legislation according to the acquis
- Include LGBTI issues in the Presidency’s agenda