Call for applications - EU Study visit to Brussels
ILGA-Europe organises every year a study visit to the European Union institutions for LGBTI activists from the Western Balkans and Turkey. This year the study visit is planned for 16-17 November in Brussels.
ILGA-Europe organises every year a study visit to the European Union institutions for LGBTI activists from the Western Balkans and Turkey. This programme intends to provide LGBTI activists with relevant knowledge concerning the European Union institutions and policies in order to increase their effective participation in EU policy making processes and better use of EU institutions and mechanisms in their advocacy actions.
This year the study visit is planned for 16-17 November in Brussels. The programme will be organised around two days. The first part of day one will aim to give participants necessary briefing information concerning the EU institutions and policies. It will also give activists the tools and tips needed for EU level advocacy. In first half of day two, LGBTI Intergroup at the European Parliament, together with newly established regional association ERA and ILGA-Europe will hold an event at the European Parliament on the human rights of LGBTI people in the Western Balkans and Turkey. During the afternoons of both days, the participants will have meetings with officials at the European External Action Service, European Commission, the European Parliament but also with civil society organisations and networks operating in Brussels.
- Representatives of LGBTI organisations from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, FYR Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey
- Experienced in advocacy and awareness raising work and good knowledge of the human rights concerns of LGBTI community in their respective country
- Supported by their organisation
- Possess good speaking and presentation skills in English
- Committed to follow-up on the training by contributing to working with ILGA Europe on advocacy matters
- Able to participate for the full duration of the study visit
Date and Place
Date: 16, 17 November 2015
Place: Brussels, Belgium
Arrival: 15 November
Travel and accommodation
Travel and accommodation costs of participants will be covered in accordance with the rules and policies of ILGA- Europe and practical information will be communicated to the selected applicants on due course.