17 May 2018 - what's happening?
Here is a round-up of events, statements and celebrations to mark International Day against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia 2018.
It's a busy day and we might have missed something! If we have, let us know and we will update this list.
- States should invest more efforts in combating homophobia and transphobia - statement from CoE Human Rights Commissioner Dunja Mijatović
- Declaration by EU High Representative, Federica Mogherini - press statement on behalf of the EU on the occasion of International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia, 17 May 2018
- Basic rights of LGBTI people are still flouted, says general rapporteur - video message and statement from Piet De Bruyn, CoE General Rapporteur on the rights of LGBTI people
- Stronger together for LGBTI equality - statement from FRA - European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights
- Statement by Eva Kjer Hansen, Minister for Equal Opportunities of Denmark, on behalf of the Chair of the Committee of Ministers
- Be There - UN Free and Equal video on being an ally to the LGBTI community
- European Parliament - raises a rainbow flag for the first time
- European External Action Service - rainbow flag on display at their offices
- Celebrate IDAHOTB artwork - 17 May campaign posters created by the IDAHO Committee
- ILGA launches Turn It Off campaign - starting on May 17, and running for a whole week, the campaign will give voice to LGBTI persons and human rights defenders from around the world.
- Kaos GL on IDAHOBIT: End bans, hate attacks and discrimination! - 17 May statement and illustrations from our member Kaos GL in Turkey
- Seta presented Finland's score on Rainbow Map at a conference organised by European Commission in Finland.
- Time to Act: 20-40% of Homeless Youth Identify as LGBTI - FEANTSA's IDAHOBIT press release
- Coming Out LGBT* Group organised an IDABOT rally in St. Petersburg in Russia despite bans.
- See IDAHO Committee's photo album from the 17 May events all around the globe.
On social media:
Tonight the colours of freedom, tolerance and pride are lighting up our headquarters! Let the celebrations for the International Day against Homophobia, Transphobia & Biphobia 2018 begin! #EU4LGBTI #IDAHOT #IDAHOBIT pic.twitter.com/hd7f0tnodO
— EU Justice (@EU_Justice) May 16, 2018
Today, on the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia I stand with all the brave campaigners, activists and LGBT people around the world standing against hate and to make our world a more welcoming safe and secure place for everyone #IDAHOBIT2018 #IDAHOBIT pic.twitter.com/dyxDZeOewr
— Eddie Izzard (@eddieizzard) May 17, 2018