Registration & Practical info
The Annual Conference will take place at:
Orea Hotel Pyramida
Participants of our past conferences say that the ILGA-Europe Annual Conference is the most impactful event of the year they take part in. We wish to enable more activists to join the Annual Conference and because of that we are introducing this year a new two-tier scheme for participation fees.
We ask you to evaluate your personal and organisational capacity and see whether you can help us bring together more activists by choosing the ‘Partner fee’. The additional programmatic contribution of 150.00€ in that tier will support the scholarship scheme and other work ILGA-Europe conducts to support the movement in Europe and Central Asia, such as development of strategies, trainings and grants.
You may choose between three options for registration:
- Participation in the Annual Conference (Wednesday – Saturday) and accommodation in a single room at the conference hotel.
The participation fee covers your access to the entire conference programme including all meals from Thursday to Saturday (lunch, dinner, coffee breaks), four nights of accommodation with breakfasts in a single room at the conference hotel (Wednesday – Sunday), and the opening evening on Wednesday.
- Participation in the Annual Conference (Wednesday – Saturday) and accommodation in a shared room at the conference hotel.
The participation fee covers your access to the entire conference programme including all meals from Thursday to Saturday (lunch, dinner, coffee breaks), four nights of accommodation with breakfasts in a shared room at the conference hotel (Wednesday – Sunday), and the opening evening on Wednesday.
- Participation in the Annual Conference (Wednesday – Saturday)
The participation fee covers your access to the entire conference programme including all meals from Thursday to Saturday (lunch, dinner, coffee breaks) and the opening evening on Wednesday.
Accommodation in single room
Accommodation in shared room
(grant-makers, policy-makers, institutions, private company representatives, NGOs)
Civil society fee*
(members, NGOs, LGBTI groups, individual activists, researchers)
*Please note: Due to VAT treatment in the Czech Republic we are able to issue PDF invoices only after the conference. After your registration, you will receive a confirmation email detailing all the costs you incurred and amounting to the participation fee selected.
Online registration closes on Tuesday 3 September (midnight CET). ILGA-Europe might have to close registration before this date if we reach the maximum capacity of the conference hotel (600 people). We encourage you to register early. Registration will take place on a 'first come first served basis'.
Cancellation and refund
If you have to cancel your participation, please let us know as soon as possible. Please note that if the cancellation occurs after Monday 16 September, food and programme costs will not be reimbursed. Accommodation costs will only be reimbursed if we manage to offer your room to another participant.
ILGA-Europe aim at making the Annual Conference as accessible as possible. We are doing our best to identify different types of accommodation that can cater for different budgets. To this end we offer two options regarding accommodation:
- You can stay at the conference hotel > Participation fee including accommodation in single or shared room
We have booked 300 rooms at the conference hotel. Rooms will be given away on a ‘first come first served basis’. We encourage you to register early if you want to secure a room. ILGA-Europe will centralise the booking process. You do not need to get in touch with the conference hotel.
- You can arrange your own accommodation > Participation fee without accommodation
It is not compulsory to stay at the conference hotel. Feel free to explore your own options. In that case, choose the participation fee “No accommodation”.
In order to secure enough rooms in different price ranges, ILGA-Europe is currently negotiating discount rates with a hotel located 15 minutes away from the conference venue. More information will be posted here shortly.
Room sharing preferences
If you choose to stay in a shared room, you will have the opportunity to indicate your room sharing preferences on your registration form.
If you have any question about room sharing, please contact us at: Prague2019@ILGA-Europe.org
We encourage you to book your travel as soon as possible to ensure best rates.
- Suggested arrival: Wednesday afternoon
- Suggested departure: Sunday morning
The conference programme will start on Wednesday at 17:00 with the following activities:
- The Newbie Sessions (in English and Russian) is an “everything you need to know about the conference” introduction addressed to participants who are attending for the first time or those who have questions about what’s happening at the Annual Conference in terms of programme, networking and decision-making.
- The Connecting Spaces offer participants the opportunity to meet at the very start of the conference around a shared identity, get to know each other in a safer space and talk about how they can come together and support each other throughout the conference.
- The welcome evening will include informal activities at the conference venue offering participants the opportunity to get familiar with the space, the theme and each other.
The conference will conclude with a closing dinner and party in the evening of Saturday from approximately 19:00 to 02:00.
Further advice on how to travel to/from Prague will be posted on this page soon.
Information about the visa application procedure and delays can be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic.
If you need a visa invitation letter, you will have the opportunity to indicate it on your registration form. Please make sure to complete all the relevant fields (citizenship, passport number, delivery/expiration date) otherwise we will not be able to provide timely support for your visa application procedure.
ILGA-Europe is likely unable to provide applicants from outside Europe and Central Asia with a visa invitation letter. We prioritize requests from inside our membership region.
If you have any question about visa application, please contact us at: Prague2019@ilga-europe.org.