Remember the heavy paper programmes that you used to have to carry around the conference hotel? At the 2019 ILGA-Europe Annual Conference, you will have a special conference app on your phone, tablet or laptop.
There are lots of reasons to be excited about this:
- You can create your own personal conference schedule, so you won’t ever miss a workshop… or the karaoke night!
- The app has its own in-built messaging function so you can network and chat with other conference participants even before you get to Prague (but only if you want to).
- You can easily use it on your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- Change of plan? New room or time for a session? No problem, ILGA-Europe can send you all instant updates!
- … and because we aren’t printing hundreds of really long conference programmes, the trees will be very happy too!
Step 1: Download:
- Download the Guidebook app, from the Apple App Store or Google Play for free.
- Tap on the "Find Guides" magnifying glass in the bottom right.
- Tap the blue button that says “Have a passphrase?”.
- Then type in the passphrase (which is sent to the participants only by email).
In addition to the mobile app, your guide is also available through any modern web/mobile browser.
Step 2: Create a user profile
You’ll be asked to set up your Guidebook profile when you first use the app.
The name (or names) you choose here is completely up to you.
If you set up a user profile, you will be able to send (and receive) private messages within the app. If you do not set up a user account, you will not be able to use the messaging service and other will not be able to directly message you.
Profile information (beyond any profile picture you share, and any names or company/position you add) is completely private. These additional details are only shared with other users if you choose to connect with them in the app – this is an opt-in feature!
ILGA-Europe and Guidebook both care about the security of all participants at our Annual Conference.
That is why our guide is set up as ‘private’. This means that it will not show up in public search results in the Guidebook app.
The Annual Conference 2019 guide is also protected with the passphrase. This is unique to the ILGA-Europe Annual Conference and means you can only find and download the guide by using the special passphrase.
One of the reasons we chose Guidebook to help build our conference app is because they really do focus on data protection.
If you'd like to read more about how Guidebook implemented new privacy tools, comply with GDPR regulations and use users' data, check out this article.