ILGA-Europe is seeking an intern from 1 May to 30 November to work with the staff team in Brussels. This is a paid internship. Closing date for receipt of applications: Thursday 30 March 2017.
Please note that only completed application forms are accepted
* We will only accept properly completed application forms. We will not accept CVs.
* Applications that do not meet the basic requirements set out below including the starting date and duration of the program will not be considered
* Unsolicited placement of this advertisement in other media is not appreciated.
**For this internship will give priority to individuals affiliated to ILGA-Europe member organisations
- To support the organisation of ILGA-Europe’s Annual Conference (Warsaw, November), with a particular focus on the development of the programme, the implementation of the scholarship scheme, providing practical assistance to speakers and support towards he implementation of ILGA-Europe’s diversity policy
- If time allows, to carry out background research and draft documents to support other areas of ILGA-Europe’s work.
The intern will be given opportunities to take part in events organised by partners and European institutions in Brussels (where relevant and appropriate). The intern will also be attending the ILGA-Europe Annual Conference in Warsaw from 1-4 November 2017.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated event organising skills
- Knowledge of human rights international standards and equality issues
- Knowledge of the human rights situation of LGBTI people in Europe
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English essential; good knowledge of other languages will be considered an asset
- Research and analytical skills
- Capacity to work in a team and autonomously; ability to follow-up on time and multitask
- Computer literacy and excellent IT skills, including use of web and social media
- Demonstrated clear commitment and enthusiasm for organisational values, goals and policies, including those related to equality
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity
Due to Belgian regulations, ILGA-Europe is only in a position to accept applicants who have a valid work permit in the European Union for this internship.
The internship is for a 7-month period (1 May to 30 November 2017). Interns will receive a stipend of approximately 1000€/month (net). ILGA-Europe will also cover the travel costs to/from Brussels. The secretariat will provide assistance in finding accommodation for the duration of the internship to the best of its ability.
Please send us the completed application form and a writing sample (one page, short article or other piece of writing that demonstrate the applicants’ writing skills in English). Please note that no CVs will be accepted.
The application should be sent to Maria Pinto, Human Resources and Administrative Officer (Ref: INTERNSHIP) by Thursday 30 March 2017. Phone interviews will be conducted with short-listed candidates on 7 April 2017. Candidates are expected to be able to start their internship on 1 May 2017.
We apologise in advance that we can only respond to applicants that make it to the stage of an interview.
***ILGA-Europe is an equal opportunities employer.