Summer Communications Internship
ILGA-Europe are seeking a Summer Communications Intern from 3 July to 31 August to work with the staff team in Brussels. This is a paid internship. Deadline for applicatuions: 17 May 2017
Please note that only completed application forms are accepted
* We will only accept properly completed application forms. We will not accept CVs.
* Applications that do not meet the basic requirements set out below including the starting date and duration of the program will not be considered
* Unsolicited placement of this advertisement in other media is not appreciated
**For this internship we will give priority to individuals affiliated to ILGA-Europe member organisations
- Carry out in-depth analysis of two communications tools:
- ILGA-Europe’s thematic social media campaigns from recent years (Silver Rainbow, Gay vs God, Turn on The Lights ect.)
- ILGA-Europe’s monthly newsletter, Rainbow Digest.
- Bring forward two reports with recommendations for optimising the tools.
- Assist in drafting and creating content to newsletter, website and social media.
The intern will be given opportunities to take part in events organised by partners and European institutions in Brussels (where relevant and appropriate).
The successful candidate will have:
- High analytical skills on online communications
- Knowledge of digital media landscape
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English essential; good knowledge of other languages will be considered an asset
- Capacity to work in a team and autonomously; ability to follow-up on time and multitask
- Demonstrated clear commitment and enthusiasm for organisational values, goals and policies, including those related to equality
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity
Due to Belgian regulations, ILGA-Europe is only in a position to accept applicants who have a valid work permit in the European Union for this internship.
The internship is for a two-month period (3 July to 31 August 2017). Interns will receive a stipend of approximately 1000€/month (net). ILGA-Europe will also cover the travel costs to/from Brussels. The secretariat will provide assistance in finding accommodation for the duration of the internship to the best of its ability.
Please send us the completed application form and a writing sample (one page, short article or other piece of writing that demonstrate the applicants’ writing skills in English). Please note that no CVs will be accepted.
The application should be sent to email@example.com (Ref: SUMMER COMMS INTERNSHIP) by Wednesday 17 May 2017. Skype interviews will be conducted with short-listed candidates on 24 May 2017. Candidates are expected to be able to start their internship on 3 July 2017.
We apologise in advance that we can only respond to applicants that make it to the stage of an interview.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
ILGA-Europe are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to opposing direct and indirect discrimination on grounds of disability, ethnicity or national origin, colour, race, creed, gender, marital status, domestic circumstances, age, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sex characteristics, or any other grounds.
Trans/gender-variant individuals, as well as people from ethnic and racial minority backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
ILGA-Europe’s equal opportunity policy applies both to ILGA-Europe’s implementation of its work programme, and its employment practices. We will do all within our power to apply the above policies in our day-to-day operations and in our employment practices.