ILGA-Europe is seeking an intern from June to November to work with the staff team in Brussels. This is a paid internship.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Wednesday, 15 April (10.00 CET).
- To support the organisation of ILGA-Europe’s annual conference (Athens, October), with a particular focus on the Programme and Scholarship scheme
- To carry out background research and draft documents to support ILGA-Europe’s advocacy work.
- To contribute to collection of information and data towards the production of ILGA-Europe’s 2015 Annual Review
- To support activities related to ILGA-Europe’s diversity strategy.
The intern will be given opportunities to take part in events organised by partners and European institutions in Brussels (where relevant and appropriate). The intern will also be attending the ILGA-Europe Annual Conference in Athens from 28-31 October 2015.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated strong research and analytical skills
- Demonstrated event organising skills
- Knowledge of human rights international standards and equality issues
- Knowledge of the human rights situation of LGBTI people in Europe
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English essential; good knowledge of other languages will be considered an asset
- Capacity to work in a team and autonomously; ability to follow-up on time and multitask
- Computer literacy and excellent IT skills, including use of web and social media;
- Demonstrated clear commitment and enthusiasm for organisational values, goals and policies, including those related to equality.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity
Due to Belgian regulations, ILGA-Europe is only in a position to accept applicants who have a valid work permit in the European Union for this internship.
The internship is for a 6-month period (June to November 2015). Interns will receive a stipend of 1000€/month (net). ILGA-Europe will also cover the travel costs to/from Brussels. The secretariat will provide assistance in finding accommodation for the duration of the internship to the best of its ability.
Please send us the completed application form and a writing sample (one page, short article or other piece of writing that demonstrate the applicants’ writing skills in English). Please note that no CVs will be accepted.
The application should be sent to Maria Pinto, Human Resource & Administration Officer (Ref: INTERNSHIP) by Wednesday, 15 April (10.00 CET). Phone interviews will be conducted with short-listed candidates on 30 April.
We apologize in advance that we can only respond to applicants that make it to the stage of an interview.
***ILGA-Europe is an equal opportunities employer.