Urgent call for action: sign up to "Reject Tonio Borg at plenary vote at the European Parliament"
On Wednesday the European Parliament will vote to confirm or oppose the appointment of Tonio Borg as EU Health Commissioner. ILGA-Europe is calling for EU based organisations to sign up to support the statement "Reject Tonio Borg at plenary vote at the European Parliament".
Do you represent an organisation based in the EU? then you can support the civil society statement "Reject Tonio Borg at plenary vote at the European Parliament".
To do this, you simply have to subscribe by Tuesday 20 November at 10 am (CET), by adding your organisation's name, logo, website and contact person's name in the table in this Google document (document is closed for finalising). It will take you no more than a minute, and you are encouraged to further disseminate that table among allies.
Additional information – briefings and statements on Tonio Borg
- Joint statement from 15 November 2012
- Joint statement from 12 November 2012
- Factsheet by Catholics for Choice
- Briefing by the European Parliament’s Intergroup on LGBTI Rights prepared with IPPF, EATG, Stop AIDS Alliance and ILGA-Europe
- PICUM letter to MEPs
- Letter to MEPs by Catholics for Choice