Study visit to the UK: Staff training for sexual orientation and gender identity equality in post school education
Join a study visit to the UK in June 2014
Staff training for sexual orientation and gender identity equality in post school education
This three day study visit programme is for education and vocational training specialists and decision makers. It is organised by the Forum for Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Equality in Post School Education. It will run from 9th - 11th June 2014 and be based in Cheltenham, UK. Further information about the visit is given overleaf.
The study visit is part of the lifelong learning programme, an initiative of the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Education and Culture. If you want to participate in the visit complete the form which can be found at http://www.transversal.org.uk/
Applications close 15th October 2013
Forum partners are
- Association of Colleges
- Association of Learning Providers
- Association of Teachers and Lecturers
- Equality Challenge Unit
- Higher Education Funding Council
- Skills Funding Agency
- National Union of Students
- University and College Union
Further information about the study visit:
Many organisations and staff do not feel confident dealing with issues relating to sexual orientation and gender identity. Homophobia, biphobia and transphobia are still prevalent in universities, colleges and other learning providers. This impacts on educational outcomes and the physical and emotional well being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender students.
The participants will learn about:
- projects undertaken by colleges and universities related to advancing sexual orientation and gender identity equality in education including those for teachers, trainers and leadership and management;
- the forum for sexual orientation and gender identity equality in post school education and its partner organisations including social partners.
- developing an ethos of inclusion and respect for difference in organisations
- research and guidance on the interface of sexual orientation and faith and belief for further and higher education;
- video and online training resources
The participants will:
- meet members of the Forum
- discuss and share current issues and concerns;
- meet researchers of sexual orientation and gender identity equality in adult learning, employment and from a historical perspective.
- visit colleges providing training for staff and students
To check eligibility and other procedures contact your national agency. They evaluate and select candidates, and also provide any further information or clarification. A list of contact persons in your country is available online at: http://studyvisits.cedefop.europa.eu