Capacity Building Conference
Capacity Building – Achieving Outcomes for LGBTQ Youth in Europe
Call for Participants - Amsterdam, Netherlands, 8th - 16th Oct. Deadline for applications: 5th September 2011 (17:00 CET). Background Information: We are pleased to inform you that IGLYO is organizing a conference together with COC Netherlands. This event has been kindly supported by the Council of Europe European Youth Foundation and the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Sciene. The conference will focus on the capacity building for LGBTQ youth organisations in order to improve the outcomes for LGBTQ young people across Europe. The conference will consist of a variety of modules including developing volunteering, evaluation, influencing equality through partnerships, and reaching out to young people through information technology.
The aims of this conference are to increase the skills of organisations to:
- identify the needs of LGBTQ youth in their communities;
- strategically plan their work to address both social and political work;
- recruit, train and support volunteers;
- to monitor and record the impact of their work with youth;
- to engage with, build partnerships with, and promote equalities work with wider community organisations;
- to reach out to young people, with a focus on online tools.
The event will take place in Amsterdam, from Sunday 9th to Saturday 16th October 2011. Arrivals are expected on Saturday 8th October and departures on Saturday 16th unless you are a delegate from an IGLYO Member Organisation attending the General Assesmbly following on from the conference. Costs and practical arrangements
All accommodation and food will be provided by IGLYO with the support of C.O.C. Netherlands. All reasonable travel expenses and visa costs will be reimbursed. Participants are expected to search for the cheapest mode of transport available due to fund restrictions. Reimbursement will take place by bank transfer after the conference. Participants are asked to contribute a participation fee. The fee is set depending on the country of residence, as follows: • EU Member States prior to 2004 (Ireland, United Kingdom, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Luxemburg, Austria) 50 €; • EU Member States, post-2004 (Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Malta, Cyprus, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary) 30 €; • Non-EU countries: to be decided.
IGLYO is aware of the problem of exclusion by this fee. Please do not hesitate to contact us if your participation is pending only on the fee and we will try to find a solution.
The Conference will be conducted in English. Your English doesn’t have to be perfect but no interpretation will be provided.
The ideal participant would:
- be able to work fluently in English;
- be between 18 and 30 years of age;
- be able to attend for the full duration of the conference;
- be able to act as multipliers within their own organisation or community;
- play an active role within their organisation, specifically in the planning and development of core activities and projects;
- be keen to work in teams and get actively involved in the working process;
- come from a Council of Europe member states or surrounding countries.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of geographical balance, gender balance, a good reflection of LGBTQ diversity and their motivation and involvement in youth activism. Priority will be given to participants representing an IGLYO full member organization.
Interested candidates can apply by filling the Application Form online
Application will be considered and participants will be selected by the preparatory team.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
!!! Deadline for applications: 5th September 2011 (17:00 CET)